Email Marketing is an effective form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a modern and immediate way to communicate commercial or fundraising messages to a customer base. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer falls into the category of email marketing.
Let’s look at email marketing in more detail and see what results could be achieved for your business. As an additional feature of an effective SEO web design project, email marketing can be thought of as…
• Sending emails with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or old customers and to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business.
• Sending emails with the purpose of acquiring new customers or convincing old customers to buy something immediately.
• Adding advertisements in emails sent by other companies to their customers.
Email marketing has become one of the most effective ways to boost business on the internet. Why?…
• With a customised mailing list of any size you can effortlessly distribute information to a wide range of specific, potential customers at a surprisingly low cost.
• Compared to the enormous costs of direct mail or printed newsletters, it is less expensive by far.
• An exact return on investment can be electronically tracked and has historically been proven to be very high. Email marketing is reported as second only to search engine optimisation marketing as the most effective online marketing tactic.
• It is instant. As opposed to a mailed advertisment, an email arrives in a few seconds or minutes.
• It lets an advertiser ‘push’ its message to a customer base, as opposed to a website that waits for customers to come in.
• It is easy to track. An advertiser can track users via web bugs, bounce messages, un-subscribes, read-receipts, click-throughs, etc. These can be used to measure open rates, positive or negative responses, and correlate sales with marketing. In other words, you can quantify its effectiveness with ease and see the results for yourself.
• Advertisers generate repeat business affordably and automatically
• Advertisers can reach substantial numbers of email subscribers who have opted-in to receive email communications on subjects of interest to them. Your customer base is better targeted and will therefore be more effective and result in higher sales.
• Over half of Internet users check or send email on a typical day.
• Specific types of interaction with messages can trigger other messages to be automatically delivered.
• Specific types of interaction with messages can also trigger other events such as updating the profile of the recipient to indicate a specific interest category.
• Easy on the environment - email marketing is totally paper-free!